The power of quinoa! My absolute go-to “grain” (though it’s technically a seed by nature — in fact, it’s more closely related to beets and spinach than grains!). I consider quinoa the ultimate SUPERFOOD as it’s loaded with essential macro- and micro- nutrients that are EASY to digest. Plus, quinoa is incredibly satiating as it’s a complete protein meaning all essential amino acids are in tact! To learn more about the health benefits of quinoa check out my quinoa porridge recipe HERE.
These cookies are the ultimate snack as they’re filling thanks to the quinoa and are completely SUGAR FREE and of course, gluten-free. They’re IBS-friendly as they’re low-fodmap too. Did I mention they taste pretty scrumptious? Make a batch on a Sunday and have them ready to go all week. Guilt-free, gut-friendly snack. I’m in! Are you??
Chocolate Chunk Quinoa Cookies
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 15-20 liquid stevia
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or 1/2 dark chocolate bar, chopped into thick chunks
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (for drizzling on top) – optional
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs then add the almond butter, vanilla and stevia and continue mixing.
- Add the quinoa, coconut salt and cacao and combine using a wooden spoon.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Roll the dough into 12 balls, place on a lined cookie sheet and use a fork to gently press down on each ball.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Drizzle on the maple syrup (if using) and allow to cool for 30 minutes before serving.